Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Twins Fans Used to Not Bother Me....

Now they do. I've always wondered why Chicago Bears fans hated Minnesota Vikings fans. The Vikings haven't really been too relevant in the past 25 years, so I always wondered why. Now I know. They're like every other sports fans in the country, they're obnoxious and loud. I remember Twins fans used to come in to the K and they were nice! They talked baseball with their fellow AL Central brethren, about how much we hated White Sox and Tigers fans, and how the Indians are destined to never win anything.

But last night, something clicked. I was annoyed. There were at least 5,000 twins fans in attendance last night. I had been expecting this as many of them make the 8 hour trek down I-35 to watch their team play outside. I like people from Minnesota, they are generally nice, love hockey and say funny things like "eh". But when things aren't going their way (Like when they are .500) they can get a bit nasty. Last night, for the first time in my life I saw Twins fans acting like Cardinals and White Sox fans. Loud, obnoxious and ignorant. The "Lets go Mauer" chant was the coup de grace, and I lost it. Twins fans usually sit and cheer when something goes their way and are respectful of being in a visiting ballpark. I saw two guys taunting fans around them when Joe Mauer came up in the 8th inning with runners on 1st and 2nd with no one out (He then grounded into a DP, finishing the day 0-4. HA!). I saw a guy flip off a father of two when he asked him several times to sit down.

Another thing, those STUPID "Circle Me Bert" signs. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Look folks, this isn't your ballpark. It was cute the first few years, now its just annoying. Literally, almost 50% of the Twins fans had some sort of neon yellow posterboard that said something like "Circle me Bert, I'm outside!" Ok we get it.

I'm really starting to despise these people. My despisition will probably grow next year when they open that RIDICULOUS ballpark in MINNESOTA that DOESN'T HAVE A ROOF. I'll enjoy seeing the Twinkies set a major league record for weather postponements, double headers and mosquito bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment