Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Optimism Coming Up Short After a Loss Like This

It seems like every time the Royals have a promising win, where they do most things right, they come back out and prove once again that this team has no chance at .500 again this season. I hope I'm wrong, but at this point it is ludicrous to think otherwise. I'll use bullet points, because....well because I just don't feel like typing full sentences and I'm having trouble stringing together thoughts.

-Every game started by Tony Pena Jr. should knock off a week of Trey Hillman and Dayton Moore's careers with this franchise. I think he is literally the worst player in Major League Baseball right now.

-Trey Hillman's lack of...what is the word?...ah yes, BALLS is absolutely incredible. I rarely see a manager who is 10 games under .500 get kicked out of LESS games than Trey Hillman. Where is the fire, man? Arguing that horrendous call in the 9th inning for about, oh 10 seconds really shows your players that you are right behind them and will gladly stand up to any umpire*.

*Sidenote: These umps have to be investigated. They will not confer with eachother to get calls right and are as stubborn as any officials in any sport that I've seen.

-I honestly think that there are better options in AAA than what we have up here. I think that Jacobs has fallen off the wagon and is pressing way too hard. Kila deserves a shot. The bench players on this team are laughable. At least we had Matt Stairs off the bench in 2005...

-David DeJesus' baserunning skill and discipline is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Long story short, this game was extremely winnable. We just did not execute. This team looks as dead as Michael Jackson did 2 years ago. Barely alive, but looking like they had been dead for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment